Rights and Usage Terms
Content is Protected by Intellectual Property Laws
West Overton Village & Museums expressly prohibits the copying of any protected materials on this website, except for the purposes of fair use as defined in the copyright law, and as described below. Copyrights and other proprietary rights in the content on this website may also be owned by individuals and entities other than, and in addition to, West Overton Village & Museums.
Fair Use is Permitted
Fair use of copyrighted material includes the use of protected materials for non-commercial educational purposes, such as teaching, scholarship, research, criticism, commentary, news reporting, and other content. Unless otherwise noted, users who wish to download or print text and image files from this website for such uses may do so without West Overton Village & Museums' express permission, provided that they comply with the following conditions:
- The content may only be used for personal, education or non-commercial purposes.
- Users must cite the author and source of the content as they would material from any printed work.
- The citation must include all information associated with the content and the URL for the West Overton Village Digital Archive.
- None of the content may be altered or modified.
- Users must comply with all the other terms or restrictions which may be applicable to the individual file, image, or text.
Commercial Use is Restricted
Unauthorized commercial publication or exploitation of text, images or content of this website is specifically prohibited. Anyone wishing to use any of these files or images for commercial use, publication, or any purpose other than fair use as defined by law, must request and receive prior written permission from West Overton Village & Museums. Permission for such use is granted on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of the West Overton Village & Museums. A usage fee may be assessed depending on the type and nature of the proposed use. Anyone wishing to use the text, images, or content from this website for purposes other than as authorized herein must complete our Reproduction Agreement and obtain permission from West Overton Village & Museums Chief Executive Officer, Jessica Kadie-Barclay.
Our Contact Information
109 W Overton Rd, PO Box 3, Scottdale, PA 15683